why not talk to hubby about it

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Jeanne on September 20, 2001 at 16:02:46:

In Reply to: Inter-cultural relationship dilemma posted by Susanna on September 20, 2001 at 13:10:29:

I am 1/2 Irish & 1/2 Hungarian Gypsy. My hubby is ALL greek.

His mother was worried, esp since I have 2 children from a previous marriage.

Nafka & I get along wonderfully. I treat her a my FRIEND not my mother-in-law. We both LOVE cooking, I used to work in Paul Prodhomme's first resturant K-Pauls years ago.

We cook and when religion comes up, we talk with the priest. My hubby and I were to have a child, but I lost mine due to all the stress here (I work a few blocks from the Pentagon and was here when the plane hit!).

We've discussed it. I told her that I dont have a problem having my child raised in the Orthodox faith, but I will teach them OTHER faiths. I grew up Roman Catholic and mum convereted to Baptist and Jehovah's Witness. So I have a smathering of religious doctrines in me. I also practice a bit of Buddihism. Nafka thinks it's hilarious when I chant. *shrug*

Talk to them like people, not "IN-LAWS" perhaps that'll help. I still follow a lot of superstitions of the Old Gods with the Celts and the Gypsys. It's a strange combination, but they RESPECT that. As long as I'm NOT against Orthodox, they're okay.

Try it, Good Luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]