Re: Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Recognizing Armenian Genocide of 1915 is HOLY cause on September 24, 2001 at 00:29:45:

In Reply to: Re: Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs posted by Nikos on July 16, 2001 at 18:11:15:

RECOGNIZING ARMENIAN GENOCIDE OF 1915 IS HOLY CAUSE. TURKISH BARBARIANS KILLED 1.5 MILLION ARMENIANS WHILE UK, USA, GERMANY AND OTHERS WATCHED. WHILE PLANNING THE EXTERMINATION OF JEWS, HITLER SAID...WHO REMEMBERS ARMENIANS...
HE KNEW HE COULD GET AWAY WITH KILLING THE JEWS BECAUSE TURKEY GOT AWAY WITH THE ARMENIAN GENOCIDE. GREECE AND THE ENTIRE WORLD MUST UNITE IN RECOGNIZING THE ARMENIAN GENOCIDE OF 1915!
TURKISH BARBARIANS ARE GETTING AWAY WITH IT FOR TOO LONG, STOP THE INJUSTICE AND RECOGNIZE THE CRIME AGAINTS HUMANITY-THE ARMENIAN GENOCIDE OF 1915.

: And included in your message should also be the fact that Modern Greece has never treated a minority in its borders like the Turks have the Kurds. Mainly because the Kurds number 12 million in Turkey, more than the population of Greece (10 million). It is important to make this point because basically what Turkey is doing to the Kurds would be considered an act of war or ethnic cleansing of a whole nation. That would be like wiping out Greece, or Portugal, or Austria, or Belgium, or Sweden, or Finland plus Denmark. There is a big difference here.

: FOR ELIZABETH:
: I don't think that it is correct to say that all Turks are barbarians, but the Turkish state (political process and political institutions) cannot be compared to the Greek state. No matter what you think of Greece, Greece is a member of the European Union, Turkey is not. It is those Western Europeans who offered and accepted Greece's membership in their EU family because of the solid democratic institutions and the respect for international agreements (including the European Charter on Human Rights). So maybe you should argue with the European Commission and European Parliament who gave Greece membership, because they have obviously have different standards as to what constitutes a Western European nation. As for you, we still don't know what you mean. Please tell us what it means to be a Western European country, an example of this, and how Greece differs (have you been asked this question before.)

: Nikos

: : I just wanted to come back to Elizabeth's comments: I agree that Greeks have different ethnic origins, but it doesn't mean that Greece is not a nation and that Greek people don't share the same culture. I think Greeks are very united, and most Greeks are very proud to be Greek. We have a right not to want people from different cultures to invade our country and to live by refusing to become Greek or share the Greek values and culture. With immigration the crime rate has skyrocketed, well actually the crime rate was zero before Albanian immigrants and others entered the country...Now the difference with Turkey is that Turkey has people not only from different ethnic bakgrounds but also people with different cultures and religions. We don't want that in Greece. Because we Greeks want to stay united and because we are very proud of our past and our history. We are very proud that we are the origin of western civilization. I don't think you are well acquainted with history by qualifying Greece as an Oriental country. And yes Greeks are better than Turks and a lot more special than Turks you like it or not. A Greek is worth more than a Turk,or an Albanian, and if my opinion bothers you because you know it is the truth, I don't care! When I think of all that happens in Cyprus, the way the Turks shooted at Greek civilians that were just demonstrating peacefully, and I hear you say that Greece is like Turkey, I am disgusted. The bottom line is that yes Turks are barbarians, most people in Greece or in Europe think that way. In Germany, Greeks don't have a problem being part of the society. But for some reason Germans hate Turks, guess why... Europeans will never let Turks invade the continent by becoming part of the EU.

: : And regarding the practices in Turkey read the article in my previous message. It happened yesterday. This doesn't happen in Greece, because Greeks are civilized people, they don't ask their nurses to prove that they are virgins. As a woman, I can't believe this doesn't even bother you. And you talk about animal rights, I talk about HUMAN rights, and they are far from being respected in Turkey. We might not want Albanians in Greece but we don't shoot at innocent civilians. We don't put children in prisons.
: : You compare me to Adolf Hitler but YOU are defending Turkey, the country that kills Greeks.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]