Re: Bank note from Skopje

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by micko on October 23, 2001 at 08:17:50:

In Reply to: Re: Bank note from Skopje posted by Joanna on May 29, 2001 at 01:42:50:

: : I have seen a bank note from Skopje (FYROM) with the White Tower of Thessaloniki on it. What does it mean? We lost Constatinopoli, Smyrni, Vorio Epiros, Cyprus... Thessaloniki the next?

: Pericles,

: I think I've heard about that too. I think it's part of their "great idea" of a "greater Macedonia". That is, it's propaganda. I call it "pseudo-Macedonia". But it's never going to happen. We are far more stronger and influential. They can carry on about themselves being "Macedonians" all they like but history including archaelogical evidence stands up for itself. From what I know they are basically Bulgarians.

They are mostly serbs and to a lesser extent bulgarians. i blame the former communist govt. and bulgarian govt. for telling them they're macedonians. the only macedonians r greeks.

by a Serb

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]