Re: Hey, Im Greek-English And I have a question for Greek-Americans...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Mike Economou on March 27, 2000 at 23:45:30:

In Reply to: Hey, Im Greek-English And I have a question for Greek-Americans... posted by Petros Costandinos on March 06, 2000 at 12:03:48:

Hi Petros,
What a shame it is for someone to ask if Americans treat Greek people badly ( or ANY culture for that matter). That is sad.

However, my answer to your question is this: It depends on what part of the States you move to. I live in Southern California and there are SO many different cultures, it's amazing. Now if you're planning on moving to someplace like North Carolina, where prejudism(word?) still runs high (I KNOW...I HAVE lived there!) I was a Northerner from Ohio who had moved to a Confederate State and I was referred to as a Yankee....then you MIGHT run in to some flack. (MAYBE)

So it all depends on where you move to. Come to Southern California! WE have a lot of Greeks here and Greek festivals!
Souvlaki, Gyros, dolmathes (which I make GREAT!), .........everything!

(Where "ARE" you moving to anyhow?)
Hope to hear from you!
If not.....GOOD LUCK. YASOU!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]