Re: Why do so many intercultural relationships end??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Monica on November 01, 2001 at 03:11:20:

In Reply to: Re: Why do so many intercultural relationships end?? posted by Mihalis on November 07, 2000 at 15:18:36:

: Vicky-

:

I think many intercultural relationships end because of the many differences that require compromise from both partners. I myself am in an intercultural relationship and just meeting the parents was a big step for me. It was very formal, I had to do this thing with my hands as a sign of respect, and it was scray for me. When he met MY parents it was much more simple. Just shake and say hello, but that's because two very different cultural diffences. We find ourselves talking about things like religion and how we would raise our children, but we are still confused because he doesn't know anything about my religion and i dont know anything about his. Even though neither of us really practice our faiths, we still feel comfortable with them because that is what we were taught and whose do we choose for our children? Which one os better? Or neither? So I think there are so many factors to consider in this kind of relationship that at times people may feel like giving up is the easiest thing to do.
-Monica

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]