Re: MISUNDERSTANDING

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Deniz on December 06, 2001 at 14:37:50:

In Reply to: MISUNDERSTANDING posted by Marco on November 29, 2001 at 04:05:52:

Marco

I stumbled across this message while i was doing some research on south european history. From what i have discovered from my research is that the racial make up of europe is highly complex. Europe, and especially south eastern europe is a region which has been occupied by people of many races, and consequently these peoples altered the genetic makeup of the region. This is the main reason that europeans have such diverse racial characteristics. There is no standard description of a Greek, Italian, Spaniard etc...

For example Turks invaded anatolia in the 12th century, at that time the tukish people(coming from central asia) had asian features, much like the Chinese or Japanese peoples of today, as do the turks who still live in central asia today. But at the present time Turks from Turkey look nothing like asians. They look like the Latin mediteranian people. Some of them even have islavic characteristics. Im turkish and when i learned this fact i was quite surprised(i have brown hair, green eyes, and fair skin)i actually didnt accept it at first. It is now clear that the current turkish race is prodominently of greek origin, which is mixed with other other races(Asiatic, Islavic). I dont think that a hybrid race is a negative thing, this is common around the world and especially in the region of southern europe. And we have to realize that we(people of Europe) have a common heritage.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]