Re: What are the main characteristics of greek men (difference from American?)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Costa on February 15, 2002 at 18:11:24:

In Reply to: Re: What are the main characteristics of greek men (difference from American?) posted by ekaterina on February 09, 2002 at 14:46:28:

: : What are the characteriscics of greek men, any difference from american men? Every nation has some peculiarities, what are greek?

: I don't want to stereotype either but each culture has it's quirks. I am not speaking on behalf of all greek men so bear with me(and I am apologizing in advance for offending anyone). My experience with greek men has not been the best.I find them to be possesive and quite sheltered (at least the ones I have met). Maybe it was just the community I was raised in but I do not respect a 30 year old man living at home so mommy can do his laundry and cook for him. For some bizarre reason, I found that many greek people found nothing wrong with this. As far as being sheltered, many greek men I have met ONLY listened to greek music and associate themselves with greek people. I love my culture, our passion, etc. and one day I would love to meet a greek guy that appreciates his culture but understand that he lives in America. As far as the womanizing issue, I believe this is occurs in other cultures and unfortunately a part of society today.

My turn to stereotype the women. Is it me or is most Greek women so materialistic? More so then any other group. There only concern is how much money the guy makes. So I ended up finding a nice Asian women to marry. As far as living with your parents till you are 30, I did that and was able to put down 100% on a house when I turned 30. Now I have finacial freedom to travel to Greece every year.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]