Re: baby boy name

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Curious on February 17, 2002 at 16:33:44:

In Reply to: Re: baby boy name posted by Susan on February 17, 2002 at 14:12:18:

True, "any Christian name is a good name!" And your name is chosen for you...but why does it seem from your posts that you either don't like tradition or want to break away from it???

: I'll have to agree with you on that one Joanna. I was barely back from my honey moon and my mother in law was already planning what my baby's christening was going to entail and what they would be called. Apparently she prewarned my mother that their tradition is to name the first girl and boy from the father side. For Cyrpiots the tradition is First child the father can decide the name and it is usually his mother's or father's and the second child goes to the mother.

: I am lucky that my parents don't beleive in those rules. Any christian name is a good name! I am the first born in my family and my father chose to name me after his mother in law!

: While some people still hold onto the traditions (ans they vary from town to town, most people these days I think are more open.

: Oh, and congratulations!!!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]