Re: WHO YOU FEEL IS YOUR BROTHER PEOPLE?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Spino on March 04, 2002 at 12:05:50:

In Reply to: Re: WHO YOU FEEL IS YOUR BROTHER PEOPLE? posted by Spino on March 04, 2002 at 10:33:28:

Whoops, sorry about the blank post.

I think there is a strong scientific argument for genetic similarities between Greeks and other southern european peoples (Spaniards included). You'd have to be blind to not see there are Greeks who could pass for Spaniards and vice versa.

Culturally I would have to say Greeks have more in common with SE Europeans, Turks, and Arabs than most other European peoples. Obvious similarities are found in the music, dance and food. Greeks, Italians and Spaniards (and even southern French) may share a common genetic background but the cultures are quite different. Then again, what do I know? I was born and raised in America!

For what it's worth I do find myself to be more comfortable and relaxed around other Mediterranean peoples (Spaniards included of course). So hello cousin!

: : Greek people are very different from the rest of the world. So your question doesn't make sense "Nacho". However I'd say from my experience and from all my trips that Greeks are close to Eastern Europeans (except Albanians of course) but also have a Mediteranean culture (music, food etc). Panos you are Greek, aren't you ashamed to say we are close to Albanians or Turks? Finally Nacho don't forget that Greece has its own very strong culture, a culture that inspired the creation of the western world and brought your ancestors out of their caves.

: : : Turks!? what's wrong here?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]