Re: Having your cake and eating it too

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Pete on April 08, 2002 at 21:36:47:

In Reply to: Having your cake and eating it too posted by Evanthia on April 07, 2002 at 17:24:08:

: Those Greek men who supposedly cannot return to fulfil their obligations to the Greek nation (and their obligations remain as do their priveliges such as their Greek citizenship), should feel ashamed of themselves. They forget the long and hard history of the Greek nation and its struggle for independance that goes back so many hundred years and its fragile borders that are perpetually under threat from the east. Those Greek men who left the country for 'the future that they dreamed of' have to now take responsibility for their decision. Either do their national service and put their precious careers on hold for a while, or stay put in their new homeland that they freely chose. How dare they compain for their own whinging lack of responsibility. Choose where is home and accept the consequences of your decisions you moral cowards!

It wasn't my choice, I left when I was 1 years old. Why should I have to serve just to Visit?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]