Re: Scandanavian guy dating greek girl

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by JoannaM on April 23, 2002 at 04:19:40:

In Reply to: Scandanavian guy dating greek girl posted by Anonymous on April 22, 2002 at 17:21:25:

I'm Swedish and have recently married a Greek Cypriot. We are very happily married and enjoy the diversity of both our backgrounds. I think for us finding a balance was the most important thing. I study Greek and my husband studies Swedish which is a fun way of learning more about each other's culture as well as showing the families the importance of their heritage. For me, our backgrounds are one of the best qualities of our relationship so I would make the most of it!

: Alright. I'm a pure scandanavian, and have gotten involved with a pure greek girl, who is very involved with the greek culture. She goes to church pretty much every other day it seems. Has a house in which her family lives in Cyprus for a month or so each summer. Goes to greek dancing classes. Speaks the language fluently. And so on :). And it really intimidates me about how she is so involved with her culture. Not in a bad way, its just after reading up on a lot of things and watching this board i understand that non-greeks dating greeks is fairly frowned upon. Her parents seem to be okay with it...*her mother atleast not sure about the father* but shes not even allowed to tell her grandparents and has only told a couple of her greek friends. I understand that family is very important in a Greek's life, though am afraid that because of it something good might be messed up*no disrespect intended*. I dunno, but anyone have any suggestions or maybe some experiences I could go on?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]