Re: Scandanavian guy dating greek girl

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Dorian on April 25, 2002 at 14:39:19:

In Reply to: Scandanavian guy dating greek girl posted by Anonymous on April 22, 2002 at 17:21:25:

True most Greek parents want their kids to marry Greeks.

Although it is easier to accept non Greeks if they are white europeans.Overtime things should work out.

: Alright. I'm a pure scandanavian, and have gotten involved with a pure greek girl, who is very involved with the greek culture. She goes to church pretty much every other day it seems. Has a house in which her family lives in Cyprus for a month or so each summer. Goes to greek dancing classes. Speaks the language fluently. And so on :). And it really intimidates me about how she is so involved with her culture. Not in a bad way, its just after reading up on a lot of things and watching this board i understand that non-greeks dating greeks is fairly frowned upon. Her parents seem to be okay with it...*her mother atleast not sure about the father* but shes not even allowed to tell her grandparents and has only told a couple of her greek friends. I understand that family is very important in a Greek's life, though am afraid that because of it something good might be messed up*no disrespect intended*. I dunno, but anyone have any suggestions or maybe some experiences I could go on?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]