for your information...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Antonia on May 13, 2002 at 13:07:16:

In Reply to: Re: Classical Greece and the Truth about the Modern!! (My God ! Are all of you that daft ? Learn to read some more sources before you make others believe that all Greeks are as ignorant as you all are !) posted by Mr GUNTER MUNCHAUSEN on May 13, 2002 at 03:12:56:

Greeks changed their names not because they were ashamed, but because their names were impossible to pronounce by the natives. Also, many Greeks did not even have a say, but rather, their names were changed when arriving at Ellis Island by the officials there for the same reason: some names were extremely long and hard to pronounce. i.e.: Stephanopoulos==>Stephens or Stevens

So we are deluding ourselves ourselves with ideas that are anything but classical Greek ideas? Tell me, how many countries in today's world have stuck to the values of their anscestors from thousands and thousands of years ago? Our entire world is being eaten up by globalization, haven't you realized that yet? Also, you'd think that someone like you--from Princeton University no less--would show a little bit more tact when showing that you disagree with someone else's opinion. And don't give me same old story that because of other people's intolerance, it's ok for you to be intolerant too.

: IS IT ANY WONDER CHILDREN OF GREEK MIGRANTS WORLDWIDE ARE CHANGING THEIR NAMES AND FORSAKING THEIR CULTURAL ROOTS TO BECOME AUSTRALIANS,BRITS,CANADIANS ,AMERICANS ETC WHEN CONFRONTED WITH RELIGIOUS ZEALOTS AND RACISTS WHO ARE DELUDING THEMSELVES WITH IDEAS THAT ARE ANYTHING BUT CLASSICAL GREEK IN ETHOS OR VALUES. WHAT THEY ARE IS MORE ALONG THE THEOCRATIC IDEOLOGY OF THE IRANIANS AND DISPLAY THE TOLERANCE OF YOUR REAL BLOOD RELATIVES 'THE TURKS '.
: THE ORIGINAL POSTER OF THIS DISCUSION -MR MUNCHAUSEN(B.A Hons- Classical Greek Culture Princeton University).
: P.S- I HAVE NO NEED OR WANT FOR YOUR GODS MERCY -YOU IGNORANT FOOL. (TURKOSPORAKI).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]