Re: My Big Fat Greek Wedding

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by PH on May 28, 2002 at 01:05:07:

In Reply to: My Big Fat Greek Wedding posted by Gianni Giatoudis on May 02, 2002 at 17:11:58:

This movie was hilarious. People need to lighten up. I know not all, but a lot of greek girls I know went through the same thing. I don't know about you all, but it's really difficult growing up greek in the US. Watching this was like watching myself and many of my greek girl friends life. I guess some of you out there are embarassed to admit what your life is really like. What I got from this movie is that a greek family will always love you and do anything for you no matter what...it's just hard along the way because you spend most your life trying to make your parents/family happy before your own happiness. I admit some parts of this movie were a bit cheesy, but overall it was funny because it was easy to relate. I think it's worth seeing, but don't take it so serious, it's just a comedy.

: Has anybody seen this movie? I just saw it yesterday and I thought it was lame. The story is centered around a Greek family that becomes furious after learning that their 30th year old daughter is involved with a relationship with a non-Greek man. The script of the film is not great and the jokes were not that funny at all and the characters, who potrayed themselves as Greeks in the film, acted like idiots. I think the film stereotypes the Greek family in a negative way. I was ready to walk out in the middle of the film, that's how insulted I was.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]