Re: evidence per Coon that physical similarity doesn't mean continuity as such in same people

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by kosta on May 28, 2002 at 01:08:25:

In Reply to: Re: evidence per Coon that physical similarity doesn't mean continuity as such in same people posted by gertrude on May 27, 2002 at 23:24:53:

: and the reason why noone ever claims the ancient greek people has survived!

Most educated non-Greeks that I know take it for granted that the Greeks are still "Greek." And we're talking about people who graduated from or attend places like Stanford, UCLA, and UC Berkeley.

Most of my professors, when mentioning Greeks, have had only positive things to say (and most don't know that I'm Greek, so it can't be out of politeness).

: oh and for a study just basically read any study by a NON-GREEK made on modern europeans as a whole and look at exactly where the greeks are placed on the european 'family tree'. not very far from arabs eh? not eastern my foot!

Every fact or study I alluded to in my writings was lifted from non-Greek sources. With the exception of Aris Poulianos (whose works I havn't even read yet), I know of no Greeks working in our field of discussion.

And why do you keep referring to this Arab/Middle-Eastern connection? Greeks don't really cluster closely with anyone, except maybe Albanians.

: i'm resting with this once again as it's getting very boring arguing with people with a cause:

I think it's you who has a cause. The more you write, the more indication I'm getting of where you're coming from. It's pretty much what I said before: you're ashamed of your own people; you don't like the fact that many Cypriots look "Middle-Eastern;" and you're trying to drag the Greeks down to make yourself feel better.

Running away from your problems by calling yourself "Gertrude" and projecting your possible Middle-Eastern ancestry onto others won't solve anything my dear.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]