Re: Maniates

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Christina on May 29, 2002 at 12:54:45:

In Reply to: Re: evidence per Coon that physical similarity doesn't mean continuity as such in same people posted by Maniates on May 29, 2002 at 10:22:33:

Yeah, being from the US, I would have to agree with you... why do you think it is so different in Australia?

: Strange here in the USA Greeks are very well respected and are idenified more with the the mainstream and are not considered minorities,

: : I, unlike yourself, do live in Australia. We do face racism here and that's only because of your countrymen. Anglos! You shouldn't make it worse by turning against your own people who live abroad. IT IS NO JOKE. That would mean that in 2-3 generations from now the Greek elemenent abroad would be lost. This would be much more of a major catastrophy than being considered a foreigner. You need to start accepting your heritage. I have many Greek-Cypriot friends and have never seen them as being any different from us. Some are invariably darker than the average Greek but many aren't. We are one and the same so do not bring in divisions where you do not have to. We are the Hellenes of the Diaspora and can only stay strong together.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]