Re: interracial dating???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Mihalis on November 07, 2000 at 15:29:09:

In Reply to: interracial dating??? posted by ronnie on October 28, 2000 at 04:23:55:

Ronnie-

You should believe the last part of what big george says. It is more about fear than anything else. I applaud those below that feel that "ellinismo" is important. I feel that way too, but, the fact remains that unless you are raising your children in Greece, there are absolutely no guarantees. I know plenty of Greek-Americans whose parents both came over and who don't speak a word. You can expose your children to it, but only they can assimilate it in a nurturing environment.

The way I approached "telling my family" was to divide them. I told the most trusted person first (my brother)who I knew would support me. Then my dad and last my mom. If you REALLY love this man then you will be able to do it but you must do so knowing that you will see and hear things said that you never thought possible. See my post above in response to Bebe to hear what I went through and if you still feel like it then maybe you do love him enough.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]