Re: Joanna's suggestions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Joanna on April 25, 2001 at 09:14:05:

In Reply to: Joanna's suggestions posted by Mike A. on April 22, 2001 at 15:40:22:

: 1.
: I will try to translate the following sentence (although I am sure that YOUR Greek is better than mine ;-):

: : I think Vicky's trying to say:
: : "Many people believed that she was a natural at her work, as she easily took over her father's business and social responsibilities."
: : (I'm also going on this statement from a documentary I saw about her which showed that she was actually a capable businesswoman).

: "Πολλοί άνθρωποι νόμισαν πως ήταν γεννημένη για τη δουλειά της, εφόσον ανέλαβε εύκολα τις επιχειρησιακές και κοινωνικές υποχρεώσεις του πατέρα της."

: Do you think this translation is o.k.?

: PS: I will write (in an own posting) the lyrics of a Greek song whose meaning I do not understand. So, Joanna, your interpretation will be welcome (in English or Greek) if you like to do this work.

Hi Mike,

Yes, your translation is good. And my greek translating is DEFINITELY not as good as yours.
:( But at least I can tell when it is very good (like yours) which is a good thing for me I suppose. :)

I read your other posting but I'm not sure what you would like me or anyone else to do. You understand the words so does that mean that you DO understand what the song is saying? Or is it just that you want to know what the message of the song is? I'll give it a go and try and see if I can interpret the message. Please refer to your message with the song.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]