Re: greek mother-in-law

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Joanna on June 07, 2001 at 20:39:13:

In Reply to: Re: greek mother-in-law posted by Georgia on June 07, 2001 at 10:54:07:

: : Can anybody give me advice on how to deal with a Greek mother in-law?? I myself am not Greek but I have a good knowledge of the Greek language.
: : I can get on very well with her but sometimes I feel she is taking over my life. I was wandering if maybe it would be a good idea to try and talk to her about it?

: Well, where should I begin? I am Greek and have a Greek mother-in-law as well and it still doesn't make it better. They will try to control as much as they can and throw sarcasm in as often as they can. They mean well but they are protecting their son. All you can do is talk to your husband about it and let him deal with her. If you go and discuss things with her, she will get offended, as they all do. I have gotten into so many arguments with my mother in law over her nagging and sarcasm but she ALWAYS takes it the wrong way. Please just let things go in one ear and out the other or you will go crazy.
: Best of luck.
: Georgia

Sophia,

I don't know much about mother-inlaws personally so my advice might not be the best. But I'll just give you my opinion. I think talking may be a good idea to begin with. If she decides to continue with her attitude and behaviour, then ignoring her may be the best option. And be firm with what YOU want, that is, don't let her control your life. I hope your husband is not taking his mother's side in anything. After all he is YOUR husband and anything or anyone coming in between you both needs to be dealt with.

Joanna.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]