Posted by Achilles on August 07, 2001 at 18:12:51:
1. Hellenic "Paideia" and the ability to understand abstract Hellenic ideas in their full depth.
2. A Polytheistic perspective of the Cosmos (self-creation, non-linear time, multiplicity of the Divine etc.)
3. "Eleutheroprepeia" and "Parrhesia" ie, to stand up for oneself and act as a free person (one's free status has to be proven on a daily basis).
4. Tolerance and understanding for all other Ethnic cultures. A dialectic and reasonable way of self-expression.
5. "Eugeneia", "Eunomia" and "Eusebeia" (harmony in personal and sociocultural ways and a healthy respect for the Divine).
6. A constant awareness of and a desire for excellence ("Įristevein").
7. Bravery and "Įphobia" (an absence of fear).
8. "Kata Physin Zein", which means to live according to Natural Laws, a familiarity with the human body, a high ecological consciousness etc.
9. Prudence, disinterest in the mundane and frugality.
10. Direct Democracy, Panarchy (full sociopolitical participation) and an emphasis on sociopolitical rather than private interests in everyday life.
11. Personal and Ethnic self-awareness ie, "Know Yourself". This applies to the individual and the Ethnos.
12. "Polymereia" and industry.
Collected by: Achilles
Post a Followup