Re: women wearing pants in church (why not?)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by nick on February 11, 2002 at 10:31:59:

In Reply to: Re: women wearing pants in church (why not?) posted by Faye on February 07, 2002 at 23:19:29:

Fay, thank you for responding. I appreciate the time it took given the length of your response. As you might have assumed, I need to repectfully disagree with your position. The other replies seem to support my position and I would like to address some of your points.

1. Some men are in fact wearing a dress to church. They just call them robes.

2. Pants suits and nice pants outfits (not jeans etc) are not a fad but here to stay. I do not see the relation to tatoos, piercing, etc.

3. I agree that some men prefer that women wear dresses, but isn't it time that women wore what they wanted and not just what men wanted?

4. I still feel that "nice" pants are appropriate in church and have not yet received a valid reason why they should be frowned upon. No one seems to object when men come without coats and/or tie, sport coats that are more "appropriate" for the cocktail party, medallions around neck, etc.

Most reasons given why it is not appropriate still seem to smell of male chauvinism.

I again appreciate all of the responses I have received. It gives me more hope that women (including my wife) will start to question why things are as they are, and not just assume that traditional roles for women can't be altered.

Thanks, Nick

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]