Re: women wearing pants in church (why not?)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by nick on February 11, 2002 at 10:37:28:

In Reply to: Re: women wearing pants in church (why not?) posted by ekaterina on February 09, 2002 at 14:20:28:

I completly understand what you are saying. In fact I agree with most of your points. Our religion is rich in tradition and I completly respect that. However, I do have a major issue with the dress code at church. I know my parents would have a fit if I ever wore dress pants to church. Don't get me wrong, I think one should dress appropriately and respectful when going to church.There is a time and place for everything. However, there are so many other things that the church can place importance on rather something as minute as dress code. We go to church to worship, it's not a fashion show. Perhaps I have been to the wrong churches but many times I found myself walking into church and the greek women turning around to see what Vasiliki or Eleni is wearing. I think if we placed less emphasis on to wear pants or not, less people would be going to church for the runway show. We are all adults and know what is respectable and what is not. A pair of nice jeans and a top by far beats a short mini skirt.
-------------------------------
Thanks for your response and support.

Nick

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL: