Re: baby boy name

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Joanna on February 16, 2002 at 04:54:00:

In Reply to: Re: baby boy name posted by Martina on February 14, 2002 at 20:58:45:

:
: The tradition I've always seen was that the first baby boy gets named after the baby's papou (on the father's side); the second baby boy gets papou's name on the mother's side. The first baby girl gets the grandmother's (yiayia's)name on the father's side and the second baby girl gets the yiayia's name on the mother's side. So the first ones get the father's side and the second ones the mother's side. If you have 3 boys or 3 girls then pick any name for the 3rd one.

:
: : Can someone please help me understand the baby boy naming thing? I have heard 2 different rules--1. the oldest son names his first baby boy after the baby boys' pa-poo or 2. all of the sons name their first baby boy after the baby's pa-poo. which way is the right way? and how offensive is it to use the grandfather's name as the baby's middle name and not as the first name?

Just adding my opinion to this issue:

Personally, I don't believe all this 'rule' stuff.
Any good christian name is fantastic. If we keep on using the same names other ones will disappear from view. And if grandparents feel offended that their names weren't used then they're just being egotistical which is unchristian anyway. I'm really sick and tired of all this (from personal experience)...

Joanna.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]