Re: US VISA

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by I am right on April 02, 2002 at 14:06:39:

In Reply to: Re: US VISA posted by Dean on April 01, 2002 at 14:41:12:

Dean, you might not be like the average Greek American since you speak Greek, but be honest, you just can't compare people here with people in Greece. Greek Americans at least in New Jersey and New York are not like the Greeks in Greece or the Europeans in general. Last summer in Greece I went to a club with a bunch of friends, there were a lot of pretty girls, but we could spot the Greek American ones: huge tattoos on the back, vulgar attitude, ugly face, a little overweight. So far I haven't met a single Greek American that is not racist, narrow-minded and who doesn't have this bully, I don't give a damn attitude. Try and prove me wrong, tell me where I can find cool Greek Americans and I will go. And don't worry, I am getting the hell out of here, and I am never coming back. I don't know any European who woudl want to stay in this boring, vulgar, ugly place.

: I misquoted Nico...Sorry Nico! It was someone who signed himself "Don't do this to yourself" who was being ignorant!

: : Well, I'd have to say that Nico's response was about the most IGNORANT one I've read yet. The people and things he's described finding in the US can be found in all other countries...He describes people here as materialistic, fake and vulgar...Obviously, he's never been to Glyfada in Greece on a Friday or Saturday night. I've never seen so many plastic people (or cell phones and expensive cars) in my entire life...My hope is that he follows his own advice and stays away from the US himself. By the way, I'm Greek American, I speak Greek, and I LOVE both the US & Greece.

: :
: : : My advice: stay in Greece, or move somewhere in Europe like in the U.K.. Don't move to the U.S., don't do this to yourself. Only Manhattan, New York, is worth it in America, all the other cities, and states suck. Even New York has its bad parts though. Believe me, I have been all over America. And Greek Americans are not like Greeks from Greece. Greeks come here to become rich by any means, and once they become rich, they become materialistic, fake, and ruthless. They can go even as far as backstabbing another Greek to protect their own interests. And second generation Greeks? They are spoiled, most don't even speak Greek, and they are all as trashy and vulgar as the locals. Trust my experience, I have many Greek friends from Greece who just think the same. America can be the most boring place in the world, the emptiness can become unbearable for a European, and the people are just not fun. It's very easy to spot the Greek Americans in Greece by their utmost vulgarity, and fake personality. I am not staying here even if they gave me 10 million dollars.

: : : : Have you tried getting in touch with any Greek welfare agencies (usually Orthodox church agencies) that may put you in touch with possible employer/sponsors. Also, perhaps your educational qualifications are not required in the US, you may wish to upgrade your qualifications into an area that is desirable in the US to gain a visa. In other words, your skills may need upgrading to an area of engineering that is required in the US. But you may try the Greek Orthodox community welfare organisations first for assistance in finding employment or sponsorship. Good luck Panayiotis!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]