Re: My Big Fat Greek Wedding

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Petros on May 08, 2002 at 17:34:06:

In Reply to: Re: My Big Fat Greek Wedding posted by Merimou on May 08, 2002 at 09:15:50:

Typical response re 'chip on shoulder'. No chip on shoulder, there are many aspects of all cultures deserving of healthy criticism and satire without falling into racial stereotyping. Yes I do laugh at British comedies such as 'Yes Minister', because they SATIRISE without denigrating. That's the big difference between comedy and low farce. And before you go on witlessly about chips on shoulders, Greek TV has a couple of fine satirical programs which take the mickey out of Greece and Greeks and are very popular, and by the way, hilarious. One is called 'I Love You, You Love Me' and is based around a couple's relationship and their dealings with the world and their own intimate life. The other is called 'Katharmata' (The Bastards) and is largely of a political nature and satirises Greek politics and the Greek polity for all it's worth. Now as for 'Dumbasses big boring racist wedding amongst anglos', who the hell cares? I just stated that it was nothing more than an exercise in racial stereotyping in its coarsest and broadest form. Tell me M, do you also actually believe that blacks are naturally good dancers? :-) ?????

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]