Re: DANGEROUS BIGOTRY

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Antonia on May 13, 2002 at 23:32:45:

In Reply to: DANGEROUS BIGOTRY posted by Demosthenes on May 13, 2002 at 22:55:09:

Beautifully written...

: How dare you talk of blood relatives and racial purity etc. No one would call you a Hitler-loving Nazi just because you are German, but you display worse bias and bigotry than any other Greek on this board. What a fascist you are irrespective of your name and supposed academic qualifications. I have a PhD in political history from a British university considerably older than Princeton but so what? That doesn't mean I'm right nor does it mean that other people's opinions aren't welcome because they are! What a frightening fascist you are. I bet, despite your European surname, wouldn't have a clue as to why Greeks, as many other Europeans, often get emotional when discussing cultural or political issues. I bet you don't know what it's like to watch your city, your home, your family destroyed by wars and civil strife. The arrogance of Americans who had a great great great grandparent involved in the civil war who then pass judgement on Europeans who have a living memory of starvation, genocide, war, civil disorder etc. If you are truly a man of letters, then you would learn European history from the inside. What a bigot, I spit on your ignorance.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]