The Real Evil

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Ari on May 20, 2002 at 17:14:55:

In Reply to: Re: Tourists at least go home posted by patriwths on May 20, 2002 at 12:46:26:

I still disagree on a the idea of a king. You assume that 'kings', or rather, dictators, are somehow subject to the forces of community so that if they don't behave, they will somehow miraculously thrown out. This doesn't happen at all. Usually, in dictatorships, the ones who throw the tyrant out are even more tyrannical than the original dicator. This happens over and over again. I draw your attention to the French king Louis XVI, the terror that followed the revolution was worse than what the king and his aristocrats ran, then Napoleon Bonaparte was even worse to both his own people and to the peoples of Europe as far away as Russia then either Louis XVI or the Terror that followed. Although I agree a dictator and his deeds are at least visible. At the moment in the west we have an oligarchy made up of obscenely wealthy and powerful corporate directors that basically run all western governments. I don't know what the answer is. I agree on illegal immigrants being removed from the country though. It makes me sick that Greece had to take in so many Albanians who the Americans were protecting, just so the Americans could please their other Muslim partners (the Saudis). I think it's bitterly funny that the US, who pretends to wage a war on terror, still jumps to when its real masters tell it to jump - no not the Israelis, but the Saudis. And the consequence is, too many Albanians, Kurds, Iraqis, Pakistanis etc in Greece and all of Europe. Again I reiterate, this continues to happen because someone profits from this disgusting erosion of not only Greece's culture, but the Italian, Spanish, French, Dutch, British (all of Europe) culture. And those who profit are those who benefit are protected by Simitis' party, as is Blair's in Britain etc, and again I ask who profits from rising property values and those who profit from paying the lowest wages they possibly can. Patriotis you live in Greece, do you own rental properties and profit from rents? Do you employ people at the lowest rate? In Greece I worked for a truly Greek company. The Directors were Greeks born and raised in the US, but they REFUSED to use cheap illigal immigrant labour, they only employed those holding FULL Greek citizenship and paid them a decent wage. Spread the message Patriotis. We may differ on minor points, but the evidence of what is happening to all of Europe is undeniable. Spread the message.

By the way, funny how the US didn't fly so many Albanians into their own country, and yet, do very little about stopping the flow of Mexicans into their own country. Why? Because Mexicans who work in American factories have to pay rents in often deserted south-western towns providing a real boom to local economies, and more importantly than that, they work for SO LITTLE.

GLOBALISATION OF CORPORATIONS = GLOBALISATION OF MOBILE WORK FORCES = ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION = EROSION OF CULTURES.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]