Re:{to FOTI} What are the Greek laws about living together without being married.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Susan on December 17, 2000 at 20:35:08:

In Reply to: Re:{to FOTI} What are the Greek laws about living together without being married. posted by Jeane on December 17, 2000 at 08:27:55:

I was recently at a series of church talks where this was bought up. The priest said (although I can't remember his exact words) that God accepts our relationships before marriage spiritually and sexually (and there was one more but I can't remember).

Basically what he was trying to say was that it is no longer regarded as a sin to have sex before marriage - if it is part of your relationship then the chrch accepts this.

But it should not be taken as though we should be sleeping around or anything like that. For me, it menat if you are in a serious relationship that might lead to marriage - cause you never know what the future holds - then that relationship being sexual is not against our religion.

: THANK YOU...FOTI. I understand what you are saying.

:
: : What the civil laws might or might not be are of little consequence. The Scriptural position is quite a different matter. One can only assume that sexual activity would be involved in this living arrangement, in which case it is "shacking up", fornication, whoredom etc. Sexual activity outside of marriage is the highest form of expression of the evil within us. I'm not being judgmental, just speaking to the facts. Care more about what God thinks than what you want. Foti.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]