Interpretation (trial)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Mike A. on March 01, 2001 at 18:46:06:

In Reply to: Re: English translation posted by Jan on March 01, 2001 at 01:55:12:

The CD-set "To neo kyma" which you mention, Jan, is exactly the production from which I know the song.

Concerning your question, Ioanna, about the meaning of the song, my idea is the following:

Because of the departure of the children (= young people) the island loses all its charm and its qualities. Obviously one girl remained on the island and as a result of her grief she turned to marble and her smile became stony. In consequence of all this the dreams (= wishes, hopes) also passed away, like ships. (Concerning the wild birds, at the moment I have no explanation.)

The hand in the harbour perhaps is a symbol for dark clouds or mist (?). Sleep, night and the girl itself are no longer what they were formerly.

I do not know if this interpretion is convincing. Anyway, for me remain as a problem the wild birds and their role concerning the stony smile of the girl.

Mike A.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]