Re: Orthodoxy vs. Ancient Hellenic Religion?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Achilles on July 17, 2001 at 17:43:13:

In Reply to: Re: Orthodoxy vs. Ancient Hellenic Religion? posted by Maya on July 17, 2001 at 15:08:03:

Maya wrote:

One little thing-Jesus Christ was not (and is not)
referred as King of the Jews by the Jews, and New
Testament has also nothing to do with the Jews.

 Thanks for pointing that out Maya, however, I never said that Jews refer to Christ as their King.

The
christian traditions-which you consider to be jewish- are not recognized by Judaism, and are as foreing to the Jews as to you.The only common thing is the Bible.

It’s true that most practicing Jews do not accept the Christian traditions however the Christian faith was greatly influenced by Judaism. There are more similarities between the two religions than there are differences. The worship of a monotheistic deity, the recognition of The Old Testament, (which by the way Jews base the crux of their culture on), similar rituals, prophets, commandments, Hebrew script, geological locations where biblical events took place.

You proclaim yourself as a follower of ancient hellenic tradition,nothing wrong with it, it's your right.

 Where have I announced that I am a follower of the ancient traditions?
 I simply started a commentary in this forum on a subject matter I found interesting.

But I never heared that ancient Hellenes were also anti-semites,it was always a christian priviledge ...

 How am I an Anti-Semite Maya? By what reasoning did you come to that conclusion?
 Are you saying that being Anti-Semitic is a special right granted to the Christians, and if so, that Christians are privileged to act hostile towards the Jews?
 I thought Christians were supposed to be loving and kind to their neighbors.

Just my thoughts,

Achilles

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]