Re: black girl moving to Greece

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Nikos on August 29, 2001 at 23:33:28:

In Reply to: black girl moving to Greece posted by Justine on August 28, 2001 at 10:31:36:

Don't worry there are many different ethnic groups and races in Greece. I am from a small island, and there a few black people there. (For the population of my island, this few is many when you look at other parts of Greece.) They are very popular. Especially the black guys with the Greek girls. There are many blacks from Africa now in Greece, who speak and express themselves more Greek than some of us diaspora Greeks. You should think of it this way, if you are the only black person in your fiances village/neighborhood, you will probably be very popular, especially since your fiance and his family accept you. Take a look at that actress from Kenya (I think) who is very popular in Greece. Remember alot of the stereotypes about people of color that exist in America, do not exist in Greece. Greeks are probably more racist towards Albanians or Turks, then black people. Good luck and I hope you truly enjoy Greece.

Nikos

: Hi
: I am gonna reach my sweetheart that is greek in Larissa this October, we are planning to marry soon.
: I am a bit worried though, Greece is a totally white country and I am gonna be feeling like an alien there. My fiancee ensured me that greeks are very open and tolerant, I'd like to get your opinion, any similar cases?
: Thanks
: A worried girl!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]