Re: Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Nikos on July 14, 2001 at 20:30:47:

In Reply to: Re: Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs posted by Nikos on July 14, 2001 at 20:25:11:

One last thing Elizabeth, where did you live in Kuwait? Most of the Gulf States allow foreigners only to live in special compounds when working/living there. So did you really get to know the society there or were you still looking at it from the outside even though you were in the country?

: What does European mean? Would this include the Haiders Freedom Party in Austria (now that's a step in the right direction), or maybe it means being a 62 year old french woman and being artificially inseminated with your brother's sperm, or maybe it means destroying public and private property and injuring people through violent rioting as was the case at the recent EU summit in Gothenburg, Sweden. So before you say that Greece is hardly a European country, give us an example of a country that is, why it constitutes being one, and how Greece differs. As far as "Middle Eastern", societies in the middle east have many positive characteristics (ex. strong family unit) that other 3ekoliasmeni in some European countries don't. I guess maybe Greece will be truly European when all of us are getting divorces; we can admit we are alcoholic and go to AA; have our students shoot our teachers; have our women dye there hair blond, put in implants, and be anarexic to feel really equal; or when we make a mistake and then blame it on the fact that we were molested when we were little.

: : You can jump up and down all you want about Turkey is "barbaric", "backward" etc..but Greece is hardly a European country. I live in Greece and I've lived in Kuwait. The mentality here is basically Middle-Eastern...the same.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]