Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Nikos on July 12, 2001 at 06:06:44:

You know I was looking at the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs website the other day and it really is funny. The Foreign Policy section is the funniest. Under Greek relations, they not tell you about Turkish foreign policy towards Greece, but they also give you a history, linguistics, and sociology lesson. The lesson includes the true origins of the Vlachs, Northern Epirus and its non-existent Greek minority, Greek human rights reports, the Macedonian Slavs in Greece (I guess the Turks must feel they are somehow related since they are taking the time to mention them), the false Pontic Greek identity (I guess we made up the Pontic Greek dialect and identity to help us make Turkey look back). Check out the website. I don't know why I think it is funny, but I think it is because I was expecting the ministry of foreign affairs website to be more neutral since it is a government institution, and it ended up being more like a radical nationalist page.

Nikos

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]